Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hair Cut

Finally my daughter agreed to go for a hair cut(trim actually) as her hair is getting too long and it's in the way when she eats and play. She was not really agreeable and rather reluctant even as we walked into the saloon. She keep giving me this "long" and hesitant face, but I keep consoling her that it will be okay. She is worried that we will cut her hair short as her hair grows very slowly. Even when she was a baby, she does not have much hair, so I can understand the fright. Anyway, after much coaxing and persuading, she decided to go, though still hesitant.
When we were in there, watching her from behind and catching her peeping at us from the front mirror was a dejavu experience for me. It dawn on me that not too long ago, I was sitting there and my mom was behind me watching me have my hair cuts. I suddenly realize that the circle of life is playing it's role now, how we felt when our moms took us to the barber(not saloon those days), how she would sit behind and look at us and every now and then points out to the barber/stylist how she wants the hair cut. How funny life works and revolves between generations.
Anyway, luckily we told the stylist to trim down her hair and when she was done, it did not put my daughter off. Let's hope she will be more willing the next time around.

No comments: